Director of Labor Relations
Chicago, Illinois, USA Global Forwarding Freight 29452 12. May, 2020Jetzt bewerben
Job Title: Director of Labor Relations
Job Location: Chicago, IL (also open to Detroit, MI, Kansas City, MO, St. Louis, MO, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Milwaukee, WI, Peoria, IL, among others)
At DHL Global Forwarding, PEOPLE matter. We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Labor Relations who will direct the development and implementation of DHL's plans, policies and programs designed to achieve the goals of the business in the unionized segment. This person will formulate strategic initiatives, conducts/supervises collective bargaining, arbitration, contract interpretation, and administration,
- Prepares for, conducts or advises on contract negotiations; draws up or assists in drawing up labor agreements. Advises on the administration of labor agreements and on the handling of grievances.
- Advises on the application of the Fair Labor Standards Act, Labor Management Relations Act and other federal and state legislation.
- Engages in other personnel activities such as compensation and benefits, recruitment and training. May develop, recommend and implement Labor Relations process and policy changes. May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced labor relations staff.
- Exercises extensive latitude in determining objectives and approaches to the most critical assignments.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of technical programs. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Directs the most complex, technologically advanced company-wide or interdepartmental projects having the highest strategic business impact.
- Creates a center of excellence in technical consulting to solve business issues.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to reach critical organizational objectives and may impact the organization's technological capacity.
- Possesses broad and deep knowledge in several technical/scientific areas. Highest level authority and premiere source of technical/scientific knowledge.
- Renown for making unexpected or revolutionary advances, especially in knowledge or technique.
- Primary Contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical). Majority of time is spent doing individual contributor work. Provides input in development of operating plans/budgets.
- Consults with top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements; prime resource among industry, vendor, and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model to professional employees that enhances long-term capabilities needed by organization. Creates unprecedented solutions to unprecedented problems and wholly new methodologies.
- Requires the highest level of critical thinking, creativity, and innovation in developing new concepts, theories, and products to address the most complex and strategic issues facing DHL.
- Negotiates highest level and/or riskiest technical or business issues on behalf of the company. Reaches agreement of strategic importance with others who have widely differing perspectives and objectives.
Skill & Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience with Labor relations, dealing with arbitration cases, grievances, and union/employer benefit issues
- Freight forwarding / 3PL experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with private sector Unions such as UAW, IAM, Teamsters, etc.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms with both internal and external personnel
- Has established credibility within Union / Labor relations
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn