Contract Administrator Internship
Contract Administrator for Air Freight (Internship)
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration of Internship: 12 months
Approx. hours per week: 20-30/h
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Administrator intern to join our DGF team. We are looking for an Intern with Passion, Excellence, and an Entrepreneurial spirit that can help us accomplish various projects for the U.S Air Freight Product team. Upon completion of the internship you will have a good understanding of Contract Administration, Air Freight, Reporting and Project Management in a Global company
- Responsible for administering various contracts for the Air Freight Product
- Extend/Update contracts as requested by stakeholders
- Review and load all export air rates for U.S customers into our system
- Maintain Contracts and help with data clean-up tasks which include to identify and purge outdated data
- Update and maintain Accessorial Charge Administration agreements with Customers for US.
- Responsible for Master Data Reporting: Produce Contract or Account extracts /reports as requested.
- Other Ad hoc Projects as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or relevant
- Excellent analytical skills, detail orientated.
- Creative, innovative, problem solving thinking ability.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Strong knowledge of Excel formulas)
- Superior communication skills and go getter attitude
- High level of commitment, very dynamic, solid project management skills.
- Able to work and stay focused under pressure with tight timelines, high sense of urgency.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.
As the world’s leading Logistics Company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
20-30 hours per week
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Day time only