Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DHL IT Services, we’re designing, building and running IT solutions globally, supporting our 550 000 colleagues and millions of our clients. Thousands or servers, apps, devices…all managed from our data centers.
And that’s lots of digitalization. In fact, digitalization is our key priority. Data & Platforms is a fresh department, aiming to address this digitalization theme. You can think of it as the go-to place to deliver digital technologies for the globe. Our team is developing and running cutting-edge solutions in the area of Mobile solutions. Starting with an DPDHL mobile applications store, mobile framework for quick, easy and secure integration with internal systems and user authentication, followed by individual mobile solution based on the demand from business units.
Currently, we’re looking for Node.js senior SW engineer. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to directly impact digital footprint of DPDHL – through your work on backend APIs of our Enterprise Mobility Platform, based on Node.js. We promise a lot of learning in the area of in delivering a truly global scalable solution.
In return, we expect you to know the in’s and out’s of Node, successfully delivering scalable and resilient projects to Production. You should be eager to get your hands dirty with microservices and APIs, but we’ll make sure you touch the full stack – our NoSQL database, global API gateway, cloud infrastructure and many more.
We’re primarily looking for an enthusiast that would fit our team. Even if you don’t tick all the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and develop scalable enterprise-grade Node.js solutions for Mobile
- Be a Node.js developer, advising to more junior team members across the globe
- Implement best practices on scaling, monitoring, testing and enterprise Node.js deployments
- Analyze end-to-end performance of Node.js microservices to achieve the best latency
- Continuously improve CI/CD automated pipeline
- Consult proposed designs with Product Owner and prioritize development effort with him/her
- Work with an enthusiastic team in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Collaborate with DHL‘s global teams on continuous improvement of Node.js applications
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js design and development
- Practical knowledge of microservice architecture and containerization tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift..)
- Ability to design & develop scalable and resilient RESTful or websocket APIs (e.g. OpenAPI)
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks (React.js, Vue.js, Angular) and hybrid mobile application framework (ReactNative, Ionic) is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in overall software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with using CI/CD tooling such as Git and Jenkins
- Passion about great customer experience
- Good communication skills to sometimes explain your work to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and spoken English; we’re an international team
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- Young team of motivated professionals from across the globe, always ready to support you
- Professional and industry-recognized technical trainings and certifications
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL INFORMATION SERVICES (INDIA) LLP
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn