Senior Data Engineer
About DHL IT Services and the AI & Analytics team
At DHL IT Services, we are designing, building and running IT solutions for the whole DPDHL globally.
The AI & Analytics team builds and runs solutions to get much more value out of our data. We help our business colleagues all over the world with machine learning algorithms, predictive models and visualizations. We manage more than 46 AI & Big Data Applications, 3.000 active users, 87 countries and up to 100,000,000 daily transaction.
Integration of AI & Big Data into business processes to compete in a data driven world needs state of the art technology. Our infrastructure, hosted on-prem and in the cloud (Azure and GCP), includes MapR, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, jupyter, Kubeflow, Jenkins, GitHub, Tableau, Power BI, Synapse (Analytics), Databricks and further interesting tools.
We like to do everything in an Agile/DevOps way. No more throwing the “problem code” to support, no silos. Our teams are completely product oriented, having end to end responsibility for the success of our product. #digitalplatforms
Who do we look for?
Currently, we are looking for Senior Data Engineer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and develop solutions, contribute to roadmaps of Big Data architectures and provide mentorship and feedback to more junior team members. We are looking for someone to help us manage the petabytes of data we have and turn them into value.
Does that sound a bit like you? Let’s talk! Even if you don’t tick all the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you; our new department is rapidly growing and we’re looking for many people with the can-do mindset to join us on our digitalization journey. Thank you for considering DHL as the next step in your career – we do believe we can make a difference together!
What will you need?
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in the Data Engineer role
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured, semi structured and unstructured datasets
- Hands-on experience with Data Lake/Big Data Projects implementation on On-premise or Cloud platforms (preferably Azure)
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes and related ecosystem tooling on-prem and in public clouds
- Hands-on experience with public clouds (preferred: GCP, Azure), with specific focus on using them for Data Lakes
- Experience working with Big Data Technologies – e.g. Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Hive, Hadoop distributions (Cloudera or MapR)
- Experience with streaming platforms/frameworks such as Kafka, Spark-Streaming, Flink
- Good Programming skills (Java/Scala/Python)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Proven experience in building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
You should have:
·Certifications in some of the core technologies
- Ability to collaborate across different teams/geographies/stakeholders/levels of seniority
- Customer focus with an eye on continuous improvement;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality
- Ability to coach other team members, you must be a team player!
- Strong will to overcome the complexities involved in developing and supporting data pipelines
·English – Fluent spoken and written (C1 level)
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL INFORMATION SERVICES (INDIA) LLP
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn