Customs Operations Supervisor
Job Title: Customs Operations Supervisor
Job Location:Charlotte, NC
DHL Global Forwardingmanages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web athttp://www.dhl-usa.com/en/careers/jobs.html
We have an outstanding career opportunity for aCustoms Operations Supervisorin ourCharlotte, North Carolina facility. As a Customs Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for completing the customs entry documentation into our computerized system for our customers. Come join our DHL team and establish a career with the largest global transportation and Logistics Company!
- Directs and coordinates a team of Customs Operations Specialists/Clerks performing the customs entries or support of customs entries in daily operations
- Manages team productivity and develops initiatives for efficiency improvements
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled Customs Operations Team
- Ensures all work for assigned department/team is completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Supports in KPI achievements by monitoring and driving performance and evaluating Customs Operations Specialist team members
- Ensures operational adherence to defined processing standards
- Oversees operational account management and ensures delivery against agreed scope
- Handles escalations (e.g. dispute with internal/external customers)
- Interacts with Customer Service, Product, and Global Service Centers, if required
- Typically supervisors a large team of associate level employees/ or lower level employees in professional roles
Skills / Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of customs requirements and operational processing of customs activities
- Long-term experience and proven track record in the customs segment
- Fit for people management role
- Licensed Broker (if applicable)
- Proficient decision making skills
- High degree of written, verbal and organizational skills
- Diligent attention to details
- Has complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in function or business area.
- An advanced understanding of specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Knows and effectively uses fundaments concepts, practices and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvement, training, budgeting, and cost control, and progressive techniques in area of specialization.
- Generally understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to increase productivity and improve efficiency by streamlining workflow.Audit worksheets, create/edit formulas, analyze data, and import and export data.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook to send and respond to email messages, compose messages, use folders to organize messages, set up public folders, schedule own appointments and group meetings, save and archive email messages, create and edit tasks.
- Utilize Microsoft PowerPoint to create a presentation, format slides, add graphics, tables, and charts, create templates, add special effects, publish to slide library, and present in front of groups.
- Utilize Microsoft Word to create, edit, and proof documents.Customize tables, charts, and graphics, create templates, and utilize mail merge and macros.
- Utilize Microsoft iShare to open, navigate, and upload documents.
- Ability to effectively utilize DHL systems
- Typically requires a BS/BA and 3-5 years of experience in related field, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Radix Group International, Inc
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn