Senior IT Engineer (VO18548)
Hours: 12 Hour Shifts on a 4 on 4 off rotation.
Purpose of Job
- To provide first line hardware and software technical support to all UK AVI and DHL Air system users.
- Perform all IT housekeeping tasks as per work instructions.
- Liaise with the BRU & LEJ HUB IT and other DHL entities for all data archive, restore and new user requests.
- Ensure that all IT calls and jobs are completed and recorded in accordance with work instructions and internal SLA’s.
- Monitor all system background processes, communication links and devices for errors.
- Ensure that all shift and backup logs are correctly maintained and that all documentation is kept up to date.
- Maintain software license records.
- Ordering and maintaining IT hardware and consumables.
Knowledge / Experience
·AS/40, Active Directory, Citrix and Windows 7
·Linux (beneficial but not essential)
·Microsoft Office products
·Terminal Server Technology
·LAN, WAN & W/LAN
·File Backup/Restore procedures.
·Second line support experience in an IT support environment
·Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
·Excellent proven trouble shooting skills.
·Problem Solving abilities
·Ability to work under pressure
·Have a proactive mind set, and a positive can do approach to business support.
Closing date: Thursday 21st February 2019
Interview date: to be arranged w/c 25th February 2019
Zahlen und Fakten
12 hour shifts, 4 on, 4 off
DHL Aviation UK