Operations Agent (Weekends)
Hours:Monday, Friday and Saturday 19:00-05.30; Sunday 17:00-03:30
DHL is the most international company in the world with a global network in over 220 countries and territories across the globe and a workforce exceeding 500,000 employees serving 2.8 million customers worldwide.
DHL Aviation manage Hub & Gateway operations and customs clearance and provides a comprehensive airport-to-airport service to DHL International. In addition, DHL Aviation makes available the services of its network to a wide range of logistics service providers. By ensuring that the aircraft is fully used, DHL Aviation is able to create an expanding Network of routes able to meet its customers changing requirements. From Track&Trace right through to proof of delivery (POD), every shipment receives the same high level of secure management.
The Sort is one of our biggest department’s within the East Midlands Airport Hub, with direct connections covering the globe, and provides a 24/7 operation.Material arrives via a network of company owned or chartered aircraft as well as road transport, and is sorted to individual or group destinations using a conveyor system as well as heavy weight lifting machinery. The Sort handles all conveyable and non-conveyable shipments that transit EMA HUB as well as certain 3rd party activity.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Checking of containers to the correct destination container/area
- Making use of the AS400 (NMIV) system for the import and export of all shipments.
- Safe driving of both the Warehouse and Ramp equipment.
- Securing and weighing of all containers, recording this information and passing to the relevant departments.
- Ensure that all export containers are weighed and recorded, passing this information on to the correct department.
Key skills for the applicant
- Knowledge of basic imports/exports and container splitting is an advantage
- Knowledge of the EMA Operations
- Proficiency in forklift and/or ramp operations
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- You must be able to work methodically, to set deadlines.
Note: If you have been unsuccessful for this role in the past six months, your application will not be considered.
Internal applicants:Applications should consist of an internal application form (for roles grade L and above please also include a copy of your CV) and be sent via email from your manager/supervisor to the DHLCareers@dhl.com email address.
To apply for an internal vacancy you must notify your supervisor. Please note if you have recently changed job role, you must have been in the role for at least 6 months before you can apply for another internal vacancy.
External/agency applicants: You must evidence your full 5 year employment/education history on your application as this would be required for our pre-employment checks.
Application deadline: Friday 26th April 2019 Interviews will be scheduled:W/C 29th April 2019
Zahlen und Fakten
Monday, Friday and Saturday 19:00-05.30; Sunday 17:00-03:30
DHL Aviation UK