Real Estate Construction Manager (Owner's Representative)
DHL is hiring a Real Estate Construction Manager (Owner's Representative) for its team in Brampton, Ontario. This position drives, coordinates and is point of contact for construction projects across the DHL Express division in Canada and USA. You will manage cost/budget, quality, and schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project delivery/Project Management: Cost estimation; Proposal preparation; Reporting/communication; Define project scope/ specifications; Contract negotiation / documentation; Managing expectations; Schedule management; Planning; Quality control and Change order management
- Design Management
Skills and Qualifications include:
- 5-10 years’ demonstrated success in leading large industrial construction projects. This includes warehouse/distribution projects, general/tenant improvements or similar facilities.
- Background working for a general contractor or as an owner’s rep on construction projects
- Customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to negotiate construction contracts
- Knowledge of construction practices and techniques
- Read and interpret design documents and verify that they meet the customer’s requirements.
- Inspect work sites to assure that the design is being implemented accurately, and implement corrective actions when needed
- Ability to interpret customers’ requirements
- Strong presentation skills
- Prioritise multiple tasks
- Willingness to deal with changes to ongoing projects with minimal impacts to budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to value engineer construction projects
- Ability to plan and schedule projects
- Ability to influence and prioritize vital internal and external resources to accomplish tasks
- Expertise with problem-solving and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- Experience in planning major projects, including development of project proposals, business cases, project schedules, financial justification etc. required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in construction management or related field required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred or willingness to acquire
DPDHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express (USA), Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn