Position: Transport Controller
Customer: Mark & Spencer
Grade: RCS O - £25,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift Pattern - 4 on 4 off days and nights
Closing Date for Applications: 16th December 2018
For the role of Transport Controller you will be responsible for ensuring that the transport operation is run as efficient, as economical and effective as possible, whilst working to provide a first class service to a major high street retailer. You will ensure that we maintain compliant with all H&S, road transport and driving/WTD rules and regulations and work as part of a successful team and deliver the operational KPIs set. You will maintain effective employee engagement and demonstrate active leadership skills.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
• Utilise planning tools to plan deliveries and collections and to change these as necessary to meet service criteria and achieve KPI's
• Accurately maintain records of vehicle movements including all exceptional duties
• Day to day management of personnel including staffing levels (including recruitment of agency staff), allocation of duties, holidays, communication briefings, discipline and grievance issues, liaison with trade union representatives and overtime requests
• Maintain and control all elements of cost within the predetermined budget
• Daily liaison with customers, both internal and external
• Control and monitor vehicle usage to ensure vehicle utilisation and fuel consumption targets are met
• Ensure vehicles are maintained, including servicing, MOT's in line with legal requirements
• Interrogate systems to provide management information, carry out analysis and rectification as necessary
• Maintain and update knowledge on legislation and health and safety issues regarding drivers, staff and visitors to ensure the Company complies with current requirements
• Investigate accidents, compile reports and recommend any action required to immediate superior
• Implement new initiatives agreed with Transport Manager
• Working in a safe manner
• Adherence to Company health & safety / security policy and procedures.
• Carry out any other activities as required by the management team
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Transport experience in Food / Retail sector would be advantageous
• Previous transport / planning experience
• Country based
• High school education essential
• CPC qualification advantageous
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Zahlen und Fakten
4 days 4 off 4 nights 4 off 6-6
DHL Supply Chain UK