Warehouse Automation and Accelerated Digitalization Lead(m/f/d)
Our DHL Supply Chain Strategy 2025 is paving the way for our future as an organization in terms of how we will grow our business and ensure our success for years to come.
In keeping with this strategy we are offering an exciting opportunity for the position of Warehouse Automation and Accelerated Digitalization Lead. Your role will be to develop, design and implement best in class automated and digitalized supply chain and warehouse solutions.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Manage agreement to key business characteristics, assumptions & risks with customer & internal stakeholders
- Manage solution design and automation implementation deliverables as work stream leader & manage critical path tasks, risks, issues and mitigations
- Validate automated customer solutions based on existing benchmarks & best practice
- Conduct sensitivity analysis and stress testing to support "future proofing" of proposed automation solutions
- Develop and present compelling & competitive customer value in order to achieve DHL Supply Chain's growth, contract retention and continuous improvement objectives
- Work very close with AD products and Innovation Champions to adapt Innovation knowledge to be designed and implemented according to business requirements
- Integrate all knowledge of Automation design, Innovation design and Implementation of Automation for the upcoming projects and share skills to the wider community within Solutions Design and Customers
- Develop an implementation ready layout and fit out concept in time on budget and quality. Considering business requirements / investment / productivity / time of implementation vs. commercial framework (i.e. contract length). Consult customer and transform customer requirements to optimum supply chain solution. Working closely together with Solution Design, IT, Safety, Security and operations cluster.
- Support the decision preparation in the investment approval process in order to be in line with the standardization strategy and customer contract period. Lead the automation work stream until handover to Project Delivery/Operations, from detailed design workshops to implementation and various final technical acceptance testing before delivery.
What is required from you?
- An excellent level of computer literacy is must, with knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of Visual Basic is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; translating many different real life situations into models that allow for scenario comparisons. Data manipulation skills are also essential for this role.
- Very good and proven communication skills with project stakeholders under high pressured project environment with very tight timelines.
- Very good and proven communication skills with sales organization and customers including presentation skills.
- Knowledge and some experience in Project management / Program Management is must, certifications such as PMP-Prince2 is plus.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of mathematical knowledge and problem solving capabilities
- Statistical knowledge and some experience is essential. LEAN/6 Sigma certification is plus.
- High level of knowledge and practical implementation experience of logistics automation and engineering is desired.
- Customer focused with an ability to think conceptually, think “out of the box” and translate ideas to “real world”
- Able to assess existing operations (internal DHL / customer) and identify areas for improvement
- Good written and spoken English and German
- Degree in Engineering is essential, master in engineering, business, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field is plus
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data is must
- Proven technical leadership experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects is desired.
- Basic know-how in modeling and reading technical drawings is must, experience is plus
- Basic know-how for workflow simulation tools is essential, experience is plus
- Ability to understand Operational processes and hands-on experience.
- At least 2 years logistics / operational experience
- Experience in warehouse processes is plus
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Ms. Raluca Firanescu is happy to answer your questions under phone 0049 (0) 1724344219
We are looking forward to your application!
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH