Strategic Data Analyst (m/f/x)
Position: Strategic Data Analyst (m/f/x)
Grade: RCS K
Job Type: CDO Performance Management
Closing Date for Applications: 07th February 2021
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a “Best Place to Work.”
DHL Supply Chain Chief Development Office Performance Management is the part of our business that develops and optimizes account management, business development and Marketing processes methodologies globally. This community is here to drive optimization efforts through consistent communication and promotion of changes and new developments including the provision of Marketing and Sales platforms (incl. the CRM solution Salesforce) and their adoption as process enablers. Also, it supports global, regional and local Sales & Marketing teams by providing insights how to optimize Sales & Marketing effortsacross all channels and enhance the connected customer experience.
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to become a Strategic Data Analyst (m/f/x). As part of the global CDO Performance Management team, this role will be contributing to the success of the global Sales & Marketing community.
In order to do this, you will be in touch with senior management, you will work to understand which analytics solutions and sales insights will bring the most value to the business and support their definition. Furthermore, you will apply data analysis to measure and drive performance.
What are you accountable for achieving as the Strategic Data Analyst (m/f/x)?
- Identify and lead the delivery of global sales data intelligence and reporting.
- Drive the definition of contents, deliverables and timelines of sales analytics projects.
- Gather, manipulate and analyse complex data from different sources.
- Build and maintain complex data models.
- Support predictive/ prescriptive data analytics use cases through data preparation and programming (mapping, cleansing, exploratory analysis) in collaboration with our BI Developer.
- Derive actionable insights and provide recommendations to Sales, Marketing and other functions via analysis of sales data.
- Translate end-user requests into technical requirements by understanding the purpose and underlying business need.
- Design and validate reports, dashboards and visualizations using available technology stack and develop further as needed.
- Train users on dashboards/ tools (e.g. in Power BI) for sales and business reporting and decision making.
- Explore ways to continuously enhance data quality and reliability.
- Transfer learnings between Sales analytics and Marketing analytics and support the definition of a joined analytics roadmap.
What will you need to be a successful Strategic Data Analyst?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, engineering or mathematics/ statistics related field or comparable field
- 2-5 years of experience in applying data analysis, ideally in space of Sales & Marketing in a B2B environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, in (virtual) teams and in a multi-geographic & multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to produce creative and analytical solutions and reports based on clear and thorough analyses of complex process and business relationships.
- Strong communication skills and comfort in explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences, ranging from specialist to management.
- Strong planning skills (project management certifications desirable, e.g. Prince2 or PMI) and ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Profound knowledge of analysing complex data sets and models, i.e. ability to derive analytical requirements, select and execute appropriate mathematical and statistical methods to discover patterns and interpret the results.
- Proven experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc. and relevant data modelling techniques.
- Experience in scripting language Python and programming skills (SQL, DAX, etc.).
- Basic understanding of data architecture standards and database integration.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will get the possibility to bring in your own ideas and help shaping the analytics agenda of the Sales & Marketing function while receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application. Candidates that feel that they are not matching 100% of the requirements are still encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn