Senior Product Owner (m/f/x) – IT Transport CoE
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Senior Product Owner (m/f/x) – IT
Grade: RCS TBC
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent
Closing Date for Applications: January 19th, 2021
Location – Germany preferred. We will consider application within Europe.
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking an exciting and rewarding opening in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy working as part of a team to create a relevant, important difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too.
The Senior Product Owner is the main counterpart for the DevOps team responsible for the definition, planning, and execution of the Product roadmap e.g. Transport Orchestration Platform. Within this role you will act as voice of the customer. You will be proficient in lateral leadership, effectively aligning team members as well as stakeholders around a shared set of objectives to deliver the most efficient product and product's team performance. It will be your responsibility to be the central hub in between the Transport Business, external customer projects and the IT organization.
Within this role, you will Owner of the overall product backlog, responsible for implementation planning and operational readiness. You will need to prepare and present to stakeholders to situation around customer project delivery and operations. You will also be tasked with enforcement of standards and best practices with regards to development, implementation, use and improvements of customer solution on the Product. Overall standards will be set by the TCoE.
Further responsibilities of this role may include:
- Aligns product budget with TCoE management, provide forecasts and apportion the costs to the customer solutions that form part of the bundle.
- Provide prioritization and ongoing oversight of the work that will be delivered by the DevOps teams based on business value aligned with customers.
- Actively drives and monitor Product roadmap, communicate and respond to opportunities and threats related to the evolution of the Product
- Educate stakeholders about the Product and help define the fit for purpose for required solutions into the Products use cases.
- Contribute Product expertise and insights to the creation of high-level solutions
- Understand and translates business needs into epics and user stories to the level they are ready to be implemented by DevOps team.
- Facilitate product configurations and automated initiatives in cooperation with DevOps team
- Work with overall TCoE practice and customers to define the requirements for ensuring that product environments are adequately maintained
- Establish product vision, goals and metrics for measuring delivery quality
- Support troubleshooting and problem solving for the Product, will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Good Supply Chain business understanding
- Broad business solution experience across multiple disciplines including supply chain management (warehouse, transportation, order, inventory, visibility, planning), corporate (financial, payroll, human resources), and IT (electronic commerce, groupware, decision support), etc.
- Good business understanding of Transportation and good technical understanding of Transportation solutions
- Proven understanding of transportation industry requirements
- Excellent understanding of the DSC Transport templates and frameworks
- Ability to communicate clearly to a varied audience (internal and external) in non-technical terms.
- Customer oriented
- Exceptional knowledge of the Transport products that are forming the product
- Experienced on software development and implementation processes following Agile and DevOps principles and way of working.
- Familiar with domain driven design, micro services architecture and contenairisation concepts
- Good understanding of transportation customer requirements and good technical understanding of solution capabilities
- General understanding of transport related ancillary systems and B2B integrated e.g. HERE, Transporeon, Centiro
- General understanding of other DHL systems, strategies and use cases
- Contributes to proposal submissions and business development initiatives under the direction of the Leadership team
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full, up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the organisation. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
Our Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn