Senior Operations Controller (m/f/d)
DO YOU KNOW A GREAT DEAL AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE GIVE TRAILBLAZERS ROOM TO GROW.
We are DHL Freight – a group of 13,000 road cargo experts operating in more than 40 countries, who are proud to provide their customers with the best overland freight transport solutions. We are always looking ahead to the next commercial opportunity, predicting the next potential issue, anticipating the next global trend. Because at DHL Freight, we’re not simply about freight forwarding. We’re about forward thinking ways to connect people – and improve their lives.
At the moment, we are looking for a Senior Operations Controller (m/f/d) who will be responsible for the organization of finance processes and guidelines for DHL Freight Global to support the Freight 2025 Strategy including driving the steering logic from a financial perspective. Providing Accounting & Controlling support to the Freight Operations organization as well as analytical support to the Tender and Sales organization is part of the role as well as driving the planning process for DHL Freight including content discussions for our Freight Management Board.
In this role, you will:
- Support the transparency initiative as part of the DHL Freight 2025 Strategy
- Drive conceptual discussions on steering logic, financial KPIs and concepts
- Develop and implement policies for Freight with regards to accounting and reporting while supporting countries/ clusters to adhere to them
- Be the finance touchpoint for operational reporting/controlling and central tenders to derive optimal customer solutions and analyzing financial impact to Freight
- Review financial status of major projects on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Support Freight Heads of Products in highlighting financial implications of key operational initiatives (e.g. Digitalization of Measure & Weights Processes in Freight Terminals)
- Support production of quality operational BCAs
- Support further transparency in customer profitability
- Support the pricing community in analyzing the impact of surcharges and general price increases
- Provide input to financial objectives, plans and budgets for Freight Total
- Evaluate and advise on ongoing and future business activities with regards to profitability and risks
- Identify trends and analyze complex issues related to the financial planning and Freight profitability
- Further improve the Freight planning process
- Oversee delivery and quality of financial planningin CREST and deliver highest level of input to the Freight Senior Management (incl. recommendations)
Our perfect match:
- You have a MBA in Finance/Controlling or similar University degree
- You have experience in operational Controlling and have already worked in a Finance function for at least 7 years
- Ideally, you already gained experience in an international environment and worked for DPDHL; knowledge of the Forwarding and Freight business is a big plus
- You are a strategic and conceptual thinker
- You have strong analytical skills and focus on accuracy and on time delivery
- You are customer oriented
- You have excellent business / commercial acumen
- You have effective communication skills at all levels in the organization
- You have good presentation and project management skills
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), German or any other language is advantageous
Antonia Stieglitz will be happy to answer your questions at email@example.com. Interested in this opportunity? Please click on Apply and send us your complete application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Freight GmbH