SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST (M/F/X)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
As an experienced data scientist working for the Data Analytics Center of Excellence at Deutsche Post DHL Group, you will ensure that state-of-the-art artificial intelligence/ machine learning methods are applied in our team. You will run projects in a wide variety of applications, bringing business benefits to our operative divisions by challenging and collaborating with other Data Scientists on applied methodologies throughout projects. Tasks might include developing models that forecast daily shipment volumes for accurate operational capacity planning, or predicting delivery time windows for enhanced customer experience. Specifically, you will derive an analytical framework for data analytics projects based on the concrete business requirements and operational processes. You will conduct data analyses, develop predictive models, implement prototypes and guide the team conceptually. You will interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with members of top management. In order to embed data-driven decision-making in operations, you will drive the build-up of methodological skills and knowledge transfer acquired from completed projects. You will also use your expertise to help identify new strategic application areas, use cases, or products by applying innovative data analytics methods and technologies.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in business environment or research, experience in managing and conceptually guiding projects
- Practical experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics and/or mathematical optimization
- Very good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R or Java)
- Experience with the following Big Data technologies is a plus: Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Ability to produce outstanding creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
- Very good written and spoken English
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences, ranging from operational specialists to members of top management
- Energetic and success-oriented problem-solver
- Independent work ethic, integrity and loyalty, positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
We offer you excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
We are happy to answer your question! Please reach out to Andrea Hofmann, Lead Data Scientist, for Data Science topics via +49 228 189 93331 and to Lisa-Marlen Schöppner for HR related questions via +49 228 189 55345.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application including cover letter, CV, references and your desired salary. You can find further information on https://www.dpdhl.jobs/data-science
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post AG