Senior Consultant Corporate Strategy (m/f/x)
DPDHL Group is the umbrella organization of our two strong brands, Deutsche Post and DHL. Our Group contains six Corporate Divisions: Post & Parcel Germany, Express, Global Forwarding/Freight, Supply Chain and eCommerce Solutions.In our headquarters of Deutsche Post DHL Group in Bonn you are part of our ‘Corporate Strategy department” and take over cross divisional projects with an international scope and strong business impact. As Corporate Strategy Consultant you support the business units, and stakeholders with your technical expertise. You have a strong desire to have an entrepreneurial overview in complex assignments, have the right business acumen and are looking to consult on international challenges? We are looking forward to your application as:
Corporate Strategy Consultant (w/f/d)
Being part of the corporate strategy team, you face the challenges of creating the connection from our long term Group strategy into specific actions on your own projects. You will help shape our project portfolio by identifying relevant strategic questions with Group-wide or cross-divisional significance and actively prepare new strategic focus topics including initiatives in connection with Strategy 2025.
You will work on specific strategic projects with Group-wide or cross-divisional significance, collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders from different divisions and functions. While there is no such thing as a “typical project”, most of our projects are in the areas of strategic market analysis, portfolio development, market-entry, innovation, as well as development or reorientation of business models.
In all projects, you will collect and analyze (quantitative and qualitative) data and subsequently draw up recommendations for action and drive problem-solving and strategy formulation to conclusions. While working independently, contributing to a strong team, you develop and drive concepts in order to implement the Group strategy “Delivering excellence in a digital world”.
By gaining insights of our operations knowledge and top executive expectations you build an analytical foundation for partial goals within our strategy 2025
Generate impact by preparing decision papers for top executives including derivation of specific procedures and action recommendations
University degree or equivalent qualification
- At least four years of relevant professional experience, e.g. in strategic management consulting, in the strategy department of an international corporation, or in a similar position
- Highly extensive experience in and specialist knowledge of handling and solving strategic problems
- Extensive work in project management, including experience with completing multiple projects in parallel and collaborating with a large number of high-level stakeholders
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office, in particular excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint (especially strategic storylining and visual/graphic presentation of complex topics)
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Proven ability to break down complex and abstract strategic questions into a clear sequence of analytical steps required to arrive at a well-founded answer, while requiring limited guidance
- Strong project structuring and planning skills, including scoping, workstream definition, realistic time and resource planning, etc.
- Strong ability to develop hypotheses, undertake sophisticated analyses, synthesize findings and formulate strategic recommendations
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills to high-level executives; use of digital communication tools and storytelling
- Deep comprehension of how multi-national corporations operate internally, their cultures and what it takes to get things done when multiple business units and executives are involved
- Very good ability to work under pressure; pragmatic, deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Willingness to undertake business trips (in Germany and abroad)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very good knowledge of German or willingness to acquire this
What we offer
The opportunity to play an active role in a globally operating group. The advantages of being part of an extensive, international network of specialists and managers
Excellent social benefits, job ticket, employee canteen, family service and various discounts (mobile phone contracts, insurance, leisure activities and much more)
Flexible working hours and home office as well as a competitive salary structures Company health management and sports activities
Central location with good transport connections
About DPDHL Group
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world's leading postal and logistics service provider. As one of the world's largest employers in over 220 countries and territories,
we see the world with different eyes. With our network focused on service, quality and sustainability, we connect people around the world and improve their quality
of life. This applies not only to our customers but also to every single member of our team.
We are looking forward to your application! Apply now with your complete documents (cover letter, resume, certificates) and stating your salary expectations by
clicking the apply button.
You can find further information at de.dpdhl.jobs. For a first personal contact and for questions Mr. Sven Roetzel is available at +49228 189-52128.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post AG
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn