Network Design Specialist (f/m/d)
Network Design Specialist (f/m/d)
TODAY, YOU’RE DISCOVERING YOUR NEW CAREER PATH.
TOMORROW, YOU’RE DISCOVERING NEW WAYS TO CONNECT THE WORLD.
We are DHL Freight - a group of 13,000 road cargo experts operating in more than 40 countries, who are proud to provide their customers with the best overland freight transport solutions. We are always looking ahead to the next commercial opportunity predicting the next potential issue, anticipating the next global trend. Because at DHL Freight, we're not simply about freight forwarding. We're about forward thinking ways to connect people - and improve their lives.
We are looking for an engaged Network Design Specialist (f/m/d) for our Network Operations Team at Global Head Office DHL Freight in Bonn. As Network Design Specialist, you will take lead over major Network Operations projects in PM or PMO role.
As a Network Design Specialist, you will:
- Support the strategic network design and tactical planning of the road-based transportation network of DHL Freight
- Drive the optimization of cost and quality considering both static and dynamic operational constraints
- Preparation of decision and information templates (BCA's, Management information) required by stakeholders
- Use and further develop comprehensive tools to support network modeling exercises
- Cooperate with relevant stakeholders on systematic network management and standardization of processes
- Analyze the efficiency of existing network structures and define activities to improve cost efficiency and lead-time competitiveness
- Act as counterpart for DHL Freight strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the functional management, stakeholders and relevant project teams to ensure full alignment on the assigned tasks
- Work across different cultures, languages and management styles in Europe
- Support the optimal network design solution(s) that satisfies all targets relating to service levels, cost, EBIT and return on investment (ROI)
- Initiate and track projects in areas of optimization logic developments
- Run optimization routines and propose improvement areas in alignment with involved stakeholders
- Manage administrative tasks within described processes
Our perfect match:
- You have a successfully completed university degree in Business Management and /or Logistics or equivalent; major in Operations Research of advantage
- Ideally, you have already gained at least 6 months working experience in a similar role
- You have experience in managing projects
- You are characterized by a highly structured way of working
- You can convince with good analytical skills and planning competencies as well as a systematic problem solving approach
- You have good knowledge of IT-environments and network planning methodologies (Operations Research methods)
- You are computer proficiency and have good skills in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management tools
- You convince with sound understanding of financial concepts and project financials
- You have basic project management skills
- You are a good all round communicator with written, oral and presentation skills
- You have the ability to establish sustainable cross-departmental and x-divisonal working relationships
- You value working in a team and have good interpersonal and team-building skills as well as a good cross-cultural competence
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken). German and any other languages are beneficial
Our culture and benefits
DHL Freight is globally recognised as a TOP EMPLOYER®. Our corporate culture is focused on personal commitment – to our customers, to each other, to our communities and to the environment. We reward excellent work and we nurture the talents of our employees. This enables you as an employee to develop your expertise and your career in different areas or divisions – and even in other countries. We are committed to creating a workplace that ensures mutual respect and is focused on results. We hire talented people from all backgrounds – irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnicity, social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. Diversity enriches our workplace, drives our success, and helps us deliver excellence.
Nisha Pillay will be happy to answer your questions at email@example.com. Interested in this opportunity? Please click on Apply and send us your complete application.
We look forward to receiving your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Freight GmbH
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn