Microsoft BI / PowerBI Senior Analyst (DPM Developer) (m/f/x)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Microsoft BI / PowerBI Senior Analyst (DPM Developer) (m/f/x)
Grade/Salary: RCS J
Location: Bonn, Germany is preferred. We will however accept applications within Europe including UK&I
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-time)
Closing date for all applications: February 28, 2021
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking a demanding and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too.
The purpose of this role is to enhance and further develop our Divisional Performance Management Suite (DPM Suite) Product within the Information and Performance Management CoE. In particular you will be responsible for Microsoft Power BI Report development, Data Modeling (SSAS/AAS Tabular) and data analytics, you will be required to support on roll-out of the DPM Suite to more users.
Furthermore, you will oversee all enhancement and improvement of existing reports and Dashboards. You will provide troubleshooting and debugging of existing Code-Base when needed and you will maintaining and further developing our existing CI/CD environment. You will also need to align closely with the business team on new features, functionality and road map for the Product.
About the Product: DPM (Divisional Performance Management) suite is a combination of dashboard apps to support the management reviews within their Supply Chain Division called DPM (Divisional Performance Management).
The base is in PowerBI and is linked to more than 8 source systems. We have around 5k users across all dashboards.
What are you accountable for achieving as the Microsoft BI / PowerBI Analyst?
- Build new Tabular models within the PowerBI service utilizing XMLA endpoints and also improve and further enhance our existing data models and keep the team up to date on the process
- Deliver change requested for PowerBI reports, ensure changes are managed and recorded via Azure DevOps , Confluence & our Project Management tools ( ProjectPlace) , coordinate change & RTP, Create & drive schedules , coordination & communication with internal & external teams , status updates & testing & Configuration where appropriate.
- Support Data requests and data reporting where applicable.
- – help to further shape and develop our CI/CD environment leveraging Azure DevOps , ALM-Toolkit & Tabular Editor. Further improve and stabilize our Application Lifecycle Management & Version Control using Git.
- Provide Project Management & Delivery for the DPM Product on either Product or Process Improvement to support the DPM Suite plans and providing effort estimations, testing support & configuration where appropriate. Provide IT analysis to management as required in support of customer requirements, etc.
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Ability to manage a wide range of activities and issues and able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Imperative to grasp and retain ownership of a problem until it is effectively resolved.
- Must have strong analytical ability together with sound judgment and pragmatism.
- Ability to analyse problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- IT Infrastructure knowledge.
- Key data management skills.
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack knowledge ( SSAS; PowerBI ; DAX; M-Query;SQL) - Essential
- Strong knowledge of PowerBI ( Desktop, Service, Gateways, Premium Capacity and XMLA endpoints) - Essential
- Knowledge of 3rd Party tools: Tabular Editor, ALM-Toolkit, DaxStuido - Desirable
- Expirence with Git and Azure DevOps - Desirable
- Degree or Masters in IT, Engineering or Business - Essential
- Project Management - Depict ,PRINCE 2 Foundation or similar useful - Desirable
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn