Mathematician (m/f/x) Tour Planning Solutions Smart Cities and Last Mile Solutions
TODAY, YOU’RE STIMULATING THE WAY A CUSTOMER SUCCEEDS.
TOMORROW, YOU’RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL’s Customer Solutions & Innovations (CSI), one of the business units of DHL, is a globally dedicated organization which simplifies the DHL customer experience by providing a single customer interface and developing innovative industry-tailored solutions for DHL’s largest global customers. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
An increasing number of cities worldwide are on their way to so-called Smart Cities. Innovative, flexible and sustainable logistics models are playing an increasingly important role for this matter.
DHL wants to play a major role in this development. Hence, the new "Smart Cities and Last Mile Solutions" unit at DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation develops innovative solutions and products - for internal and external partners.
As Mathematician (m/f/x) for implementing Innovative Tour Planning Solutions for Smart Cities and Last Mile Solutions, you will work as part of a small and dynamic team with a high innovation and growth potential. "Hands on mentality" is our practical experience.
Together with other DPDHL divisions you will drive projects from ideation to piloting and implementation. You will interact and convince internal and external stakeholders and will develop impactful business solutions and scenarios while managing different parties during the design of the solution.
- Analysis of general logistic trends and challenges and transfer into algorithmic specifications
- Analysis of operational customer requirements and transfer into mathematical form (algorithm)
- Implementation into IT interface in collaboration with IT counterpart
- Ensure close coordination with project leader and business development manager
- Very good Master's or PhD degree in mathematics (or a related subject)
- Excellent programming skills in C++, and preferably also in Python.
- Experience with combinatorial optimization in theory and practice
- Further knowledge in Linux operation system and concepts as Json, xml
- Experience in handling agile project/development methods
- Joy in the search for creative solutions for complex tasks
- Sound experience in managing complex business development- and IT-projects
- Experience in development and piloting innovative products or business models at a start-up or in a similar environment
- Assertiveness, ability to deal with conflicts and high motivational power
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Willing to undertake extensive international travel
- Structured work approach
- Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver results
- Ability to adapt and perform under changing and uncertain conditions
- Ability to lead and influence in an informal DHL matrix structure
- Excellent business English (written and oral)
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Ms. Anna Kortmann is happy to answer your questions under phone 0049 (0) 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
DPDHL Research & Innovation GmbH