Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f/x)
Position: Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f/x)
Location: Bonn, Germany
Grade: To Be Confirmed
Job Type: CDO Performance Management
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd September 2020
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
DHL Supply Chain Chief Development Office Performance Management is the part of our business that develops and optimizes account management, business development and marketing processes methodologies. This community is here to drive optimization efforts through consistent communication and promotion of changes and new developments including the provision of marketing and sales platforms (incl. the CRM solution Salesforce) and their adoption as process enablers.
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to become a Marketing BI Analyst (m/f/x). As part of the global CDO Performance Management team, this role will be contributing to the success of the marketing & sales team.
In order to do this, you will perform marketing data analyses on a regular basis through management of complex data sets to measure and drive performance. Furthermore, you will identify and deliver marketing insights by using applicable business partners to optimize marketing efforts across all channels and enhance the connected customer experience.
What are you accountable for achieving as the BI Analyst (m/f/x)?
- Develop and lead the delivery of global marketing data intelligence, quality and reporting including, but not limited to Marketing KPIs and QBRs.
- Define and manage channel- and campaign-specific KPIs and reports.
- Track progress against marketing plan KPIs and provide inputs to adjust plans and goals based on measurement outcomes.
- Provide recommendations to sales, marketing and other functions based on intelligence obtained through analysis of marketing behavioral intelligence, including general customer demographics, customer and prospect online behaviors (e.g. downloads, open rates, etc.) and lead score contained in Eloqua and Salesforce.com.
- Create and train users on dashboards for marketing and business reporting and decision making.
- Transfer learnings from marketing analytics to sales analytics and support definition of joint analytics roadmap
What will you need to be a successful BI Analyst?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or mathematics/ statistics related field and 2-5 years of marketing experience, including marketing reporting and data analytics.
- Experience in working in a multi-geography, multi-cultural B2B customer engagement and marketing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and in virtual teams
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Comfort in explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences, ranging from specialist to management.
- Demonstration of sound knowledge of marketing data architecture standards, database integration techniques, and data management strategy, techniques and approaches (such as SFDC, Eloqua, Pardot, Demandbase, Adobe Analytics and/or the like).
- Proven experience and profound knowledge with Business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc. and knowledge of data structures in marketing automation tools paired with experience in scripting languages (Python (preferred) or R) and programming skills in DAX.
- Profound knowledge of statistics and deep knowledge of analysing complex data sets and models, solid knowledge of mathematical optimization.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn