IT Application Development Intern
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Deutschland DHL Supply Chain 60097 9. February, 2021Jetzt bewerben
In today’s connected world, more and more companies recognize the power of the supply chain in meeting customers’ needs.
At DHL Supply Chain, we do more than connect our customers to the global economy. As the world’s largest contract logistics specialist, we create competitive advantage for our customers by tailoring logistics solutions based on our globally standardized warehousing, transportation and integrated services modular components.
We bring together sector expertise, global scale and local knowledge to design and manage supply chains from raw materials and manufacturing through the delivery of finished goods and return services. By seamlessly connecting local operations across the world, we are able to deliver the future of global trade.
DHL Supply Chain has an opening for an Internship in the IT Project Delivery Department in Bonn, Germany.
In this internship your main tasks are:
- Work independently on software development and support activities for Corporate applications of IT and Business Project Delivery Departments, HR, and other departments within the mainland Europe, Middle East and Africa region
- Build SharePoint-based web applications (including with SharePoint Online) and occasionally build custom web applications using Java or .Net to help deliver business objectives
- Work on regional data analytics initiatives (e.g., data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, etc.) by coding on Python, Power BI, etc.
- Support the IT Project Management Office by coordinating and managing project tasks, timelines and scope
- Work closely with regional IT and Business project delivery leadership team
Here’s what we need from you:
- University-level education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related streams
- Have hands-on experience of web applications development using SharePoint (preferred) or Java / DotNet
- Have experience working with, or an understanding of databases (SQL)
- Understanding/exposure to report development using Power BI or any other modern reporting systems.
- Good understanding of coding with Python (desirable)
- Creative, solution oriented, great team player with exceptional communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Fluency in English a must, knowledge of any other European language is an advantage
Please apply with your complete application, including a CV, cover letter, references and your earliest possible starting date. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Tazeen Razi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn