DATA SCIENTIST (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
DATA SCIENTIST (M/F/X)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
As Data Scientist in the Data Analytics Center of Excellence at Deutsche Post DHL Group, you will work with our operative departments to solve concrete business problems. In a team of Data Scientists, you will apply mathematical methods such as time series analysis, operations research methods and machine learning to answer a wide range of questions. Tasks might include predicting daily shipment volumes for accurate operational capacity planning, or handling the real-time optimization of costs and utilization of our transport network, which connects more than 200 countries. Specifically, you will support us in strategic and operational data analytics projects. Taking the business requirements and operational processes into account, you will derive an analytical framework for data analytics projects. You will conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models, implement prototypes and guide the team conceptually. You will interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with members of top management. In order to embed data-driven decision-making in operations, you will help to build up methodological skills and to apply the knowledge gained from successfully-completed projects.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- Practical experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models
- Good knowledge of machine learning, statistics and/or mathematical optimization
- Very good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R or Java)
- Experience with the following Big Data technologies is a plus: Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Very good written and spoken English
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences
- Energetic and success-oriented problem-solver
- Independent work ethic, integrity and loyalty, positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
We offer you excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
We are happy to answer your question! Please reach out to Andrea Hofmann, Lead Data Scientist, for Data Science topics via +49 228 189 93331 and to Lisa-Marlen Schöppner for HR related questions via +49 228 189 55345.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application including cover letter, CV, references and your desired salary. You can find further information on https://www.dpdhl.jobs/data-science
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post AG