DATA SCIENTIST - FINANCE (M/F/X)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
DATA SCIENTIST - FINANCE (M/F)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
In a team of Data Scientists and Engineers, working together with our operative departments, you will jointly apply state of the art machine learning methods to answer a wide range of concrete business problems. In particular, you will work dedicated on finance related data science questions like modeling customer payment behavior, preventing revenue-leakage, detecting fraud and predicting financial KPIs. Taking the business requirements, financial context and operational processes into account, you will derive an analytical framework for data analytics projects in Finance. You will conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models, implement prototypes and roll-out the product into production. You will interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with members of top management. In order to embed data-driven decision-making into financial operations, you will help to build up methodological skills and to apply the insights gained from successfully-completed data science projects. You will also use your expertise to help identify new strategic application areas, use cases or products by applying innovative data analytics methods and technologies.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Practical experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models
- Good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R or Java)
- Experience in working with databases (relational, NoSQL)
- Ability to produce creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
- Very good written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Experience in Finance Analytics is a plus
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences, ranging from operational specialists to members of top management
- Energetic and success-oriented problem-solver
- Independent work ethic, integrity and loyalty, positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
We offer you excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
We are happy to answer your question! Please reach out to Andrea Hofmann, Lead Data Scientist, for Data Science topics via +49 228 189 93331 and to Lisa-Marlen Schöppner for HR related questions via +49 228 189 55345.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply” and send us your complete application including cover letter, CV, references and your desired salary. You can find further information on https://www.dpdhl.jobs/data-science
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post AG