Data Protection Manager (m/f/d)
We are looking for an Data Protection Manager for our DHL Express European Head Office . Join our team for a full-time, permanent position, starting as soon as possible. The location can be Germany or any other location within Europe.
1. Job Purpose
The primary purpose of this role is to build and execute a data protection approach and roadmap in a practical manner that enables DHL Express to achieve compliance with data protection regulations without jeapordizing business performance.
This role drives and directs the DHL Express Data Protection Organization (Countries, Functions and Global) to ensure the observance of EU Region data protection laws and regulations. The role also ensures regional adherence to the Express & DPDHL Data Protection / Privacy requirements. This is achieved through guiding and leading of the internal embedded DHL Express Data Protection Organization (Countries, Functions and Global) in making sure there is proper implementation worldwide. Strong stakeholder management is required across geographies, function and hierarchies.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Maintain a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements from the Corporate Data Protection Teams and Local Data Protection leads, and drive compliance through the organisation.
- Drive the implementation of key changes in Global SOP Express processes and EGAP / Global IT applications.
- Ensure that local virtual teams and related process owners are appointed, updated, aware of responsibilities, trained and are equipped to adequately perform their duties in a sustainable way.
- Provide Leadership and direction to regional and country offices to ensure adherence to all Data Protection guidelines and programs.
- Lead respective teams in practically implementing Data Protection programs in their countries and addressing issues arisen, without direct hierarchical control.
- Develop and deploy the necessary tools and resources in conjunction with Global and Corporate Data Protection to enable countries to respond to Data Protection related requests from customers, the field and Information Authorities.
- Support countries in managing processes for reporting Data Protection incidents, including handling and documenting Data Protection breaches.
- Ensure reasonable monitoring of processes, policies and inspection of expectations.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date Data Protection data, controls, processes, links and ownership in various tools (e.g. Archer, CRISP).
- Drive training and communication initiatives to raise awareness of Data Protection issues at all regional levels.
- Effectively utilize and leverage the Intranet and ishare opportunities to support the deployment of the Data Protection Management System, reporting and other key activities.
- Develop and ensure regular and ad hoc reporting in relation to Data Protection is completed.
- Track progress and involve stakeholders to ensure implementation and regular processing.
- Rehearse processes to respond to requests from authorities.
3. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of Express business
- Proven track record in program management and data protection
- Several years’ cross-functional stakeholder management with proven track record
- Provide balanced and pragmatic judgment on complex contexts
- Deliver results by getting things done and focus on what makes a difference
- Solid experience in working with diverse teams across all regions
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and being able to adapt to language, accent and cultural diversities
- Strong written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Business orientation with good business acumen
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Business/Legal or Technical Area
Uschi Weingart is happy to answer your questions via email: email@example.com.
Please apply online (Please use the button Bewerben or Apply!)!
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Management GmbH