Data Engineer (m/f/x)
JOIN OUR TEAM IN BONN FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
DATA ENGINEER (M/F/X)
DO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WE OFFER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROBLEM SOLVERS.
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
DPDHL has set up a new global big data architecture as part of the Group’s digitalization agenda. In this context, we are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data- and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing the data flow and -collection for cross-functional teams. Preferably, you have experience as data pipeline builder as well as data wrangler and enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. In your role, you will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure that the optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. It is essential that you are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You are the right candidate to join our team if you are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role or 5+ years in Software Development role
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or in-depth experience in Software Development
- Experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, data sets and tools like Airflow, Talend, Azure Data Factory, etc.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, data stores and components like Kafka, Spark-Streaming and Flink
- Advanced software development and design experience in e.g. Scala, Java, Python , C++, Rust, Go, C#, F#. Good to have experience in implementing frameworks and libraries for internal users.
- Advanced Experience with Big Data tools: E.g. Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Hive, Kudu
- Experience with Azure or Google Cloud Big Data Stacks
- Experience DevOps and automation tools: Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience in container platform tooling: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Ole Vollertsen, VP Data Lake Enterprise Architecture, Corporate Development will be happy to answer your questions via Mail email@example.com.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post AG
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn