Corporate Start-up Lab Manager (m/f/d)
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Deutschland Global Business Services 17401 06/01/2020Jetzt bewerben
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.
1. WHAT WE DO
The Start-up Lab is an internal innovation program of DPDHL and supports employees and departments in testing and scaling ideas around new logistic products, services and business models, as well as new technologies within the ongoing business. The goal is to make it easier to start new innovation projects throughout the company. The program, which is managed by the Corporate Development & Strategy department, offers funding, coaching, lean processes, a vast network of experts as well as executive attention for the ideas. Accepted teams get the chance to quickly test and prototype their ideas as well as to pitch for long term support in front of the Corporate Board in order to help DPDHL shape the future of logistics. Additionally, the Start-up Lab team offers services to facilitate innovation within the Group, both at an individual level as well as within the divisions.
Find out more at dhlstartuplab.com
2. YOUR TASKS
- Implements and coordinates the Start-up Lab innovation process
- Manages the innovation portfolio and ideas selected to the Start-up Lab program
- Point of contact for Start-up Lab coaches
- Acts as the point of contact for selected teams participating in the Start-up Lab program
- Receives, manages and responds to support requests from selected teams
- Provides start-up relevant methodologies and tools (e.g. Lean Startup, SCRUM, Design Thinking, UX) to the teams and their projects
Marketing / Communications
- Develops and executes marketing concepts to promote the Start-up Lab program and the teams it supports globally and across all divisions
- Conceptualizes, manages and executes Social media strategy and content
- Facilities and drives the innovation culture within the Group by developing and executing marketing plans and strategies
- Develops business cases for projects along the innovation funnel from early-stage to implementation and growth
- Advises and supports teams with finance related topics
- Develops, together with teams, business cases and scenarios and helps validating them
- Provide methods, tools and trainings to the company to promote an innovation culture that stimulates new projects to the Start-up Lab portfolio
3. YOUR PROFILE
- Completed university studies within the field of Business, Economics or Communications/Marketing
- Preferably completed Masters studies (ideally Innovation related)
- Previous working experience involving (corporate) innovation management
- Fluent German and English language skills (verbal & written), further languages a plus
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- International exposure, preferably having completed international assignments
- Ability to understand cultural differences across geographies and adjust working style/approach accordingly
- Comfortable working in a virtual work environment
- Knowledge and expertise in start-up relevant methodologies and tools (e.g. Lean Startup, Design Thinking, UX, SCRUM, etc.)
- Working experiences preferably in one or more of the following areas:
a. Previous (co-)founding of own start-upb. Coaching and supporting of (corporate) start-upsc. Portfolio management of a corporate incubator or accelerator programd. Venture Capital / Finance / Business Modellinge. Communication and Marketing, including Social Media
4. HOW WE WORK
Diversity - We are a team committed to diversity, working together with colleagues from all over the world with different cultural backgrounds and skills.
Innovation community - Among our divisions and global locations there are many innovation experts and important stakeholders for our program. We connect our colleagues and arrange community gatherings such as Fuck-up Nights, Meetups, Hackathons, workshops, etc.
Continuous learning - In this challenging world of digitalization and innovation, it is absolutely vital for us and our company to constantly learn and develop. We conduct regular internal workshops and participate in external summits and events to keep us with the latest trends in the industry, as well as methodologies and tools.
Corporate innovation – To stay competitive, Deutsche Post DHL Group needs to be at the forefront of innovation. We want to enable our employees to shape the future of logistics and help to promote cultural change and a forward-looking mind-set within our business!
5. EXEMPLARY PROJECTS
Using solar energy cleverly
A new fuel conservation technology based on light-weight and durable photovoltaic modules mounted on commercial vehicles and trailers. By adding solar technology to harness the sun’s energy Trailar reduces the impact of each vehicle’s journey. Once fitted, the low-cost electricity generators help to recharge the vehicle’s on-board battery, thereby reducing alternator load and ultimately fuel consumption.
Find out more at trailar.co.uk
Industry 4.0 is here. Robotics in manufacturing and logistics is forecasted to grow at an accelerated pace over the coming years and many companies cannot keep pace with disruptive new technologies. Many have an engineering skills gap and face a productivity challenge.
The Digital Manufacturing Team has vast experience in Supply Chain and in understanding how difficult and expensive it is to piece together effective solutions, and solutions involve taking risk on capital investment. Very few integration companies offer all the services required and don’t always have relevant operations experience. DMS provides these services including flexible, zero-capital solutions to increase productivity and close the skills gap for customers.
Find out more at robot4zero.com
XPL targets the logistics industry with services and products related to the digitalization of supply chain processes and the management of supply chain networks. The team is focusing on validating the potential of Smart Contracts within DPDHL. The XPL portfolio is being built around solution frameworks based on distributed databases that are enabled by distributed ledger technologies (DLT) and Smart Contracts. The core of the XPL portfolio of products and services is a DLT (Blockchain) enabled Freight Payment Invoice Audit solution. This solution brings benefits for DPDHL and its customers in process efficiencies and improvements in Accounts Receivables (AR). Being a frontrunner on new technologies in the area of Smart Contracts and DLT, XPL aims to gain competitive advantages for DPDHL and DHL business units.
Find out more at www.xpl.com
6. OUR METHODOLOGY
We have an entire toolbox of methodologies and support to identify and road test start-up ideas. Depending on the needs, we offer different solutions and, no matter what happens, always provide a safe space to start, continue or conclude the innovative journey.
Example: Validation Sprint
During 5 days participants will:
- Run experiments to validate their assumptions. These include building prototypes and testing them using real customer feedback or interviews
- Receive guidance and support from internal coaches as well as external experts on the necessary technologies, markets and business models
- Find out whether their idea is promising enough to justify investing more time and effort in it. And, if it is, what next steps they should be taking.
7. APPLICATION PROCESS
- APPLYING You can apply with your CV and a cover letter
- TELEPHONE INTERVIEW
- We introduce our company to you and let you introduce yourself. With a thorough talk about your CV, we assess your professional experiences, skills and capabilities. Feel free to jump in with lots of questions!
- A 2 hours-journey in the Post Tower (or sometimes on Skype) to walk you through even more real-life projects. In your interviews you meet more people from our team and have plenty of time to learn more about the group and/or target position.
8. GET IN TOUCH
We are looking forward to your application. Stay innovative!
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post DHL Research and Innovation GmbH