Technical Services Engineer - Structures & Nacelles
Overall Role Purpose
To assist the Technical Services Manager - Powerplant, and provide continuing airworthiness support with Aircraft Structures & Nacelles.
- Evaluate and research repairs, alterations and other maintenance prior to those projects being issue as work packages and supervise those projects.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance, in particular regarding Structural related defects/damages.
- Manage compliance of the aircraft fleet to Aging Aircraft Safety Rule requirements – ensuring all SSI, CPCP tasks are accomplished and reported accordingly to OEM, necessary updates to the OIP and subsequent regulatory approvals.
- Review of historical compliance to AWL Structure tasks (DTI/DTR/FLS) and creating controls and taskcards for recurrent requirements.
- Manage the Dent/Damage Mapping and Repair mapping for the fleet.
- Evaluation of potential nacelle components for procurement
Along with Planning Dept, develop and manage base maintenance planning for nacelle components.
- Provide Technical Support during C Checks to manage repairs, corrosion findings etc ensuring the most effective solution to maintain the scheduled TAT – either on-site at MRO or remotely from BAH.
- Review and assess incoming Airworthiness Directives, the Manufacturer’s Alert Service Bulletins, Service bulletins, Service Letters and Fleet Team Digests. Maintain and revise the Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Programs.
- Review of modification/STC packages and development of taskcards/controls for compliance on fleet, including ICA requirements.
- Assist with the renewal of aircraft Certificates of Airworthiness, Registration
- Through the Technical Services Manager, provide timely assistance to the Maintenance Deparment with regards to hybrid trouble shooting and recurrent technical problems relating to airframes & nacelles.
- Provide technical and advisory support to the Maintenance, Quality Control, Stores and Flight Operations Departments.
- Liaise with vendors and Civil Aviation Authorities.
- Assume the function of the Technical Services Manager - Powerplant during TSM leave.
- Any additional projects that may be deemed necessary by TSM – Powerplant and Engineering Manager
Technical Services Manager – Powerplant
Airline Materials Manager
Airline Publications Supervisor
Quality Assurance Manager
Liaise with aircraft manufacturers.
Liaise with component manufacturers
Maintenance and Repair Organizations contracted by DHL International BSC (c)
Any reasonable request from DHL Management.
Coordination of Airframe Modifications.
Liaison with Approved Engineering Design Organisations to obtain Modification Documentation for embodiment of Modifications on all fleets.
Must be able to troubleshoot Nacelle systems
Evaluate and research repairs, alterations and other maintenance prior to those projects being issue as work packages and supervise those projects.
Evaluate teardown reports, corrective actions, overhaul reports from repair / overhaul vendors and suppliers when required.
Review and assess incoming Airworthiness Directives, the Manufacturer’s Alert Service Bulletins, Service bulletins, Service Letters and Fleet Team Digests. Maintain and revise the Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Programs.
The preparation of Technical Documents and Technical Notices
Work closely with the Reliability Engineer to develop and improve aircraft reliability and availability
Skills / Qualifications
Should have experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Experience using My Boeing Fleet, General Electric and the Aerdata Stream application would be considered an advantage.
Experience with the Trax Maintenance system or other similar maintenance software would be an advantage
Experience interpolating Flight Data via a Flight Data Monitoring System would be considered an advantage.
The candidate should be fluent in written and spoken English, enough to communicate at all levels in required Technical terms
Competency segment ‘Business’
Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Business Acumen: Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of our company.
Cross Border Thinking: Has a holistic mindset and stays abreast of important trends that may affect our competitiveness as a group. Manages the business, giving priority to the international position of our company.
Analysis: Breaks down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, separates the main issues from side-issues, understands the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Building and Managing Partnerships: interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business partners (e.g. suppliers, joint venture partners, industry groups, competitors, governments, unions) and colleagues. Is open to approaches that meet mutual goals.
Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results striving for best-in-class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
Influencing : Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
Expected years of experience
Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Technical Services Structures and/or Nacelle Engineering.
The Technical Services Engineer, Structures & Nacelles will be a graduate or Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. The Structures Engineer will have gained experience and a working knowledge of aircraft maintenance requirements through one or more of the following:
Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship.
Completion of aircraft/engine type training course.
Attainment of aircraft/engine type licence or approval.
Attainment of other suitable licence or approval.
Working in a key operational department of an airline or MRO or other equivalent organisation.
Other suitable qualifications as determined by Engineering Management
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Aviation Bahrain