Director of Business Development - Customs Brokerage
Director, Customs Brokerage Sales USA
Location: South East
DHL Global Forwarding is currently hiring for a Business Development Director of Customs Brokerage Sales job for the South East region. The Business Development Director is responsible to develop and maintain new Customs Brokerage sales for the SE Region.
The Business Development Director Job Requirements:
- Performing Market analysis for Customs Product (performs competitor, customer and market research at regional level)
- Initiates development of the Customs Brokerage market demand by identifying opportunities and securing targeted business.
- Develops and delivers solution designs and implementation for customer requests
- Drives county Customs Business Development efforts and solutions
- Interacts with customers in alignment with Operations, leading negotiations and making presentations to external customers and the internal DGF organization
- Leads Sales Business Development for the West Region pertaining to the Customs Brokerage product of global and USA Clients.
- Target Customs Brokerage clients, provides solution design and implementation for strategic customer requests
- Liaise with the Country Head of Customs Product/Business Development to identify, prioritize, target and win Customs ‘Stand Alone’ opportunities
- Ultimately, be the champion for growing Customs business in the region and country
- Manage and steer the performance of the Sales Team in the region for Customs growth and act as a coach related to Customs matters inside the Sales organization Impact
The Business Development Director Job Qualifications:
- BS/BA or minimum 10 years’ experience in Customs Brokerage operations Commercial experience is encouraged Brokers License is preferred
- Ability to drive and support large Customs Brokerage RFP’s Microsoft Office experience with a strong focus on Power Point
- Ability to establish and conduct internal Customs Brokerage Sales training program
- Experience in a Freight Forwarding company or relevant international logistics/transportation industry highly desired
- Proven Sales track record in freight forwarding with strong hunting mentality
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multi-modal shipments.
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten