Operations Continuous Improvement Specialist
Valencia - Spain
The OPS CI Specialist is responsible to review all operational processes on a regular basis in order to be able to consult the CI Manager Operations in improving processes and create efficiencies and service improvements. Furthermore the OPS CI Specialist supports the CI Ops Manager in business analysis and customer reviews. He will also support the CI Ops Manager in managing operational projects e.g. the development of new services or implementation of new processes and IT.
In addition this role is meant to support our customer Finished Vehicle Logistics Europe regarding:
- Monitoring the logistics activities of the European/global plant production to dealers, compounds and ports
- Create supply chain analysis in order to monitor the delivery performance of contracted freight forwarders
- Compilation of KPIs, including an assessment of the supply chain risks
- Maintenance of the supply chain monitoring systems used (master data maintenance)
The role holder acts as an single point of contact for various contracted service providers related to daily business transportation/system matters. In this context, the role holder supports all maters related to supply chain network changes and daily challenges with the affected service providers.
Additionally the role holder acts as an subject matter expert for all customer questions/inquieries related to the assigned supply chain volume.
Creativity in regards to pro-actively find the best solution / carrier for the default and ad-hoc network, to find assumptions to be able to reflect future network risks and an ability to present results in an adequate manner to the customer are of high importance.
Additional tasks from connected areas can be requested as support action on ad-hoc basis.
"•Support process improvements or savings initiatives to increase overall FVL KPI performance
• Lead the initiation of new (innovative) ideas which contribute to the FVL continuous improvement agenda and support the development of new FVL concepts, with focus area FVLoperations.
• Perform analyse of the CI ideas to determine cost / benefit impact and when positive, develop and implement the new processes in close corporation with the different stakeholders (internal / external).
• Lead improvement projects to deliver the agree targets for CU with primary focus on operations.
• Optimization of current operations reports in order to reduce waste and increase added value.
• Weekly analyses of plant and market forecasts including resulting pro-active actions
• Creation of action/recovery plans and ad-hoc reports
• Monitoring of daily stocks and advanced planning based on forecast data
• Logistics handling of stop-ship actions: analyse the locations for the affected units, communicating of the Stop Shipments to all involved stakeholders within the network, Tracking of rework actions/releases, immediate communication of releases
• Plant-support activities in launch phase: creation of daily launch reports, separate tracking of the launched units vs. marketing targets, support on outsourcing strategy and data set-up
• Initiate tenders for fluctuating volume and ad-hoc movements
• Monitoring of service providers to ensure contractual requirements compliance
• Inventory monitoring of the European Compounds to ensure on-time delivery and fluent operation
• Documentation of all special actions and inquiries
• Qualified feedback to inquiries (internal and external) in regards to supply chain status of vehicles and volumes
• Compilation of statistics / indicators (KPI reports), including an assessment of the supply chain
• Maintenance of the supply chain monitoring systems used (master data maintenance)
• Spot-tender management
• Outbound Premium Cost order raising,follow-up and documentation
• Interpretation and explanation of results and trends
• Storage cost analyses
• Lead for individual projects on added value creation
Requirements for the job
• Ops CI Specialist should have at least 2 years of divisional experience in LLP division
• Experience in automotive and/or supply chain sector is desirable
• Experience with different BU’s is desirable but not essential
• Experience with direct customer contact desirable
• International business experience desirable
• Team player
• Willingness and ability to communicate and collaborate with customers, colleagues and supervisors
• Good communication skills; good listener
• Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; data manipulation skills are essential to this role
• Good written and spoken English is essential and other European languages desirable
• Willingness to take responsibility
• Able to cope with criticism
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to react quickly and calmly within a demanding environment
• Highly motivated
• University degree or more then 5 years experience in LLP on Management or Ops Exellence level
• Vocational training as a shipping clerk in connection with several years of professional experience
• A high degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Fluent English• German knowledge is a plus
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn