Control Tower Operations Supervisor
Manager of Logistic Operations
Spain - Valencia
For a vacancy in our logistics Control Tower (CT) in Valencia, Spain we are looking for a mid-senior candidate to join a professional team to take it to the next level of performance. This CT acts as a central hub within a 4PL environment, offering end-to-end supply chain services, managing complex logistics solutions and control performance and costs. It offers customers better visibility of their networks, and also of their vulnerabilities.
Your managerial functions are supervision of a local multi-cultural team (+30 people), analyzing and directing activities across the entire international inbound supply chain of the customer.
Improving in-/ and external performance, targeting value creation, identifying and anticipating weaknesses and react more effectively when problems occur. Monitoring activities and providing real-time data within your area of responsibilities.
We are looking for a responsibleManager of Operationsfor one of our Lead Logistics Provider (LLP) operationsin the automotive sector. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of logistics professionals (+30 people) in a challenging logistics environment forour customer in this sector
- Strive personal and professional development of each team member and yourself
- Developing innovative processes to
manage international inbound to manufacturer cargo movements.
- Managing and improving the capabilities of the control tower team and leading byexample to reinforce behaviors associated with our culture
- Working closely with all stakeholders to provide the best supply chain solution
- Validating and implementing new business solutions as well as improve existing processes to match expectations
- Actively collaborating with the Project Management and Value Creation teams to develop continuous improvement concepts to meet customer needs
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships within the business so that all operational and financial objectives are met
- Support management and also liaise with the customer counterparts
Requirements for the job
Mandatory Requirements. (Please refrain to submit CV/candidature if you do not meet these requisitions)
Ideal candidate has solid knowledge within the sector Logistics, preferable on transport mode Overland (Road and Rail) and inventory management
Team player with proven record managing a considerable team with references
Experience in Lean Techniques and Change management
Demonstrate customer relationships
Fluent at Spanish and English (+ 70% of your conversation will be in English)
Excellent teamwork talents.
Strong analytical expertise
Customer relationship management abilities.
Superb communication and change managementskills.
Very good Presentation abilities.
International roadcargo experience - including customs regulations
Be able to work in a global team in several regions. Matrix organization
OTM and Power BI knowledge desirable
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn