Warehouse Handling Specialist
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
However we are an organization that is not just moving goods around but we have a very clear purpose, we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives.
We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
As a Warehouse Handling Specialist you will be the first link between DPDHL and our customers.
Are you interested in presenting DPDHL products, identifying customers’ needs and building suitable solutions for them?
If yes, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Implement warehouse and ground operations plans and processes for safe and efficient operations
- Coordinate warehouse activities efficiently to maintain the required operations and service performance turnaround time
- Ensure and verify adequate flow of logistics from the warehouses to the working areas and conduct physical count
- Monitor cargo movement and storage at the warehouse in order to maximize space utilization for storing and distributing material goods including raw materials, finished products, tools and packaging materials
- Control inventory, support planning and maintain accurate inventory in the warehouse, including customer-supplied inventory and packing material, and coordinate timely replenishment
- Conduct inventory cycle counts, wall to wall counts, and correct inventory discrepancies of customer owned inventory
- Implement and monitor safety and security measures to ensure goods and equipment safely operated, and properly maintained and stored
- Prepare analysis reports and data such as shipment data, stock turnover and stock level data and share with the customer
- Assist in coordinating delivery schedules with shippers and customers, and coordinate claims processing and shipment tracking
- Collate and provide supporting documents for accurate and timely customer billing
- Review the working business model of the assigned operations center, seek opportunities, recommend and implement steps to upgrade/ improve
- Resolve and analyze issues in day-to-day warehouse and ground operations and execute practices focusing on promoting efficiency, faster service and lower costs
- Provide support on issues and problems from less experienced/ new team members, provide direction and guidance as needed
Your profile should look like:
- Minimum of 5 years knowledge and experience in Logistics and Transportation area within Ethiopia
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Knowledge and experience on how to manage warehouse facility including technical requirements of the role
- Ideally strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Fully computer literate, with solid knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Enjoys communication and interaction with people
- International and strong brand support with clear processes and goals
- Possible further career development
- International company environment
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Ethiopian Airlines Logistic Service Share Company