Customs Operations Specialist
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
However we are an organization that is not just moving goods around but we have a very clear purpose, we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives.
We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
As an Operations Specialist you will be the first link between DPDHL and our customers.
Are you interested in presenting DPDHL products, identifying customers’ needs and building suitable solutions for them?
If yes, please read on.
Your task will be:
·Carrying out procedures for expediting the flow of goods in transit from the suppliers and clearing of goods from customs office activities.
·Collaborate and give immediate possible response to any issue raised from Customs Authority.
·Follow up and expedite the timely clearance of goods from customs office
·Manage all documents related to custom clearance
·Make sure Proper documentation Protocol are maintained for all customs cleared materials
·Perform other related duties as required.
Your profile should look like:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in customs stations as a clearing agent in Ethiopia
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Good coordination skills, and have a basic knowledge of customs law and accounting practices
- Good organizational skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good customer service skills and pay attention to detail
- Energy and passion with ability to drive performance.
- Prioritize and complete work according to client’s needs, customs requirements and standards.
- Accurate and timely customs processing for various types of shipments.
- Communicate with carriers, customers, and /or other government agencies for missing information or required documents including US customs invoices, and any other declarations required by the import regulations of the destination country.
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly with a demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development
- Fully computer literate, with solid knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Enjoys communication and interaction with people
- International and strong brand support with clear processes and goals
- Possible further career development
- International company environment
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Ethiopian Airlines Logistic Service Share Company