Senior Innovation Manager
Join our team at DHL
Innovation Center in Singapore for a full-time position
SENIOR INNOVATION MANAGER
As a senior innovation manager, you will join the global innovation team at DHL, with Innovation Center locations in Cologne (Germany), Singapore and Chicago (USA). You will work with the DHL divisions, customers, startups, and technology partners to deploy innovative solutions as well as explore, develop and implement innovations that will shape the future of the logistics industry.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Identify, develop, and lead innovation projects that accelerate DHL’s digital agenda and ultimately strengthen relationships with our top 80 global customers and internal operations.
- Manage a portfolio of innovation activities, including customer and operational pilot projects as well as industry-leading thought leadership initiatives.
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in specific technology and trend areas and manage cradle to the grave development of promising customer centric new solutions from research, through pilots, to successful implementation and scale-up.
- Leverage your creativity to drive thought leadership initiatives including publication of industry-leading trend reports (see: www.dhl.com/innovation), drive external innovation challenges, and engage with high-potential startups.
- Engage with DHL’s top customers through tours and workshops at the Innovation Centers and at regional conferences.
- Inspired, open-minded and outgoing in character with a deep passion for making customers, logistics operations, and new technologies successful.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience delivering highly successful projects in engineering, consulting, logistics, or product management.
- Excellent project management, stakeholder management, and interpersonal skills.
- Naturally high self-motivation, ability to work independently in an analytical and structured manner.
- Excellent communication skills; you can articulate a complex idea in a simple way that motivates and inspires people, from top executives to operational staff.
- Can-do mentality; you don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, from developing strategy to being on-site at a logistics operation.
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written ability. German language skills would be an advantage.
- Ability to assess business cases, operational processes, and end user needs with empathy and talent for spotting innovation opportunities.
- International exposure and intercultural approach; willing to travel.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.