Station Manager YUL
Manage overall facility including day to day operations and customer service, security, facility maintenance and administration and providing support for the Commercial development. Acts as legal representative of station towards local authorities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Representative of the station towards employees, e.g. organizing company events and go-to person for station personnel on non-functional topics.
- Manage information flow to desk level for all Town Hall information, as well as corporate information.
- Responsible for deciding upon all administrative activities at station level and managing the facility.This includes organizing and ensuring the building is maintained in an operational manner by working with vendors (ie Cleaning, snow removal, trash removal, infrastructure). Includes working with the corporate real estate group at renewal time.
- Facility Supplies- assign responsibility and have ultimate approval over supplies for both operations and facility operation (Coffee Service, copier paper, toner, forms, calculators etc…..).
- Responsible for all customer service and operational KPI’s are met (responsible for service KPI’s).Conducts weekly Performance Dialogues with station staff to review KPIs and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Attend weekly Senior Management Performance Dialogues and report on progress of improvement initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with BPO and Product for KPI improvements.
- Ensures maximum file profitability through correct and timely invoices. Identifies rate/overseas issues that impact profitability.
- Responsible for ensuring all local/provincial laws are followed, and ensure all DHL compliance practices are followed.
- Responsible to ensure all company mandatory training is completed by all employees on site, and evaluate employee gaps in knowledge and enlist training through head office or online.
- Work closely with local sales to support closure of new business, approval of operational portion of SOP’s for business sold, and servicing customers according to services sold.
- Identification of any “scope creep” for business handled, to ensure all services performed are billed or renegotiated. (notify sales and product)
- Actively attend sales calls with sales for QBR’s (quarterly business reviews), or key customer visits. Collaborates with Commercial and is aware of downtraders and uptraders.
- Puts a process in place to ensure the timely and accurate approval of vendor invoices is taking place.
- Monitors staff performance and takes necessary corrective action on staff performance.
- Responsible for hiring and development of direct reports. Should be involved with hiring of indirect reports.
- Responsible for ensuring time keeping attendance for direct employees of the station is properly managed and completed.
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Post secondary degree or diploma
- More than 7 years of experience in Freight Forwarding industry, ideally in a complex matrix organization
- More than 5 years of management experience ideally with multiple layers
- Some Facility Management experience is ideal
- Good Microsoft Office skills in particular, Exel and PowerPoint.
Good communicative, analytical, & administrative skills.
Good organizational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Ability to prioritize tasks.
Primarily a sedentary position
Use of a car and ability to travel
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding (Canada) Inc.