VAT Compliance Expert, Mauritius
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In VAT Compliance department we are managing indirect tax matters within DPDHL. Would you like to join us? Would you be able to develop and administer sub-functional plans on VAT related matters, VAT compliance and accounting principles to meet VAT submission deadlines, minimize VAT risks, maximize VAT compliance and avoid penalties? If this is something what interest you, read on:
Your tasks will be:
- Prepare, review & approve domestic and foreign VAT Returns and other required VAT declarations and reports for accurate and timely submission
- Authorize the indirect tax related filings/payments
- Co-ordinate the gathering and distribution of source information required for VAT Filings
- Ensure and monitor the execution of the end2end process for VAT Compliance and support lean deontology
- Develop and administer plans on VAT Compliance to minimize VAT risk in line with regulations and Compliance requirements
- Stay updated and analyze impact of new VAT regulations and laws, internal business changes and exchange with the team members and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Assist and work closely with VAT Compliance team on VAT return preparation and related questions/input, guide team members with less experience and resolve day-to-day issues in execution.
- Business VAT compliance support
- Queries of Tax authorities:
prepare/analyze data for auditors/Tax authorities in case of audit queries
support external tax audits by leading the audit operational including more complex cases
- interact with the tax authorities, take action to resolve issues identified"
- Document and update department compliance policies and processes
- Knowledge to transfer VAT rules to operational activities
- Execute Tax related processes, services and activities in compliance with laid down processes, controls, regulations and systems
- Participate in cross-region, cross-functional projects to preserve an optimal VAT outcome and ensure regulatory compliance
- Provide ad-hoc VAT Compliance related support
- Build and maintain contacts with stakeholders & team;within CD 66 Corporate Tax, internally, SSC Maastricht, Business Units and External to communicate on items concerning your responsible area
- Guide onboarding of new hires for operational VAT
Your profile should look like:
- Degree in accounting/Tax with strong analytical skills
- Experience in financial accounting processes within OtC,RtR, PtP & IC and financial accounting for taxes
- Experience in logistics industry is ideal
- Experienced with projects is a must
- Experience with set up of processes and procedures is a must
- At least 3-4 years of experience in finance accounting, international environment with relevant VAT knowledge
- Experienced with process & procedures set up, formulating & decision making
- Experienced in managing a VAT project
- Solid background of VAT knowledge extended with VAT country specialism; gained more subject matter knowledge
- Adhere to strict deadlines set by externals (Tax authorities, Law & Auditors) or internals (Supervisor, manager)
- Ability to work fully independently without micro management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining oversight
- Excellent communication skills both internal and external
- Knowledge of at least one ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Exact) is a must, more ERP system knowledge is a plus
- Excellent general Microsoft knowledge, MS Excel and MS Word are a must on experienced level
- Extended proactive, investigative, IT oriented and problem solving skills by experience
- Excellent English and French skills in writing, reading and speaking, any other language is a plus
- Amazing chance to be part of an international company with a leading position on the market
- Outstanding opportunity, responsibility and as well as a great working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL (Mauritius) Ltd.