Material Handler - 3133 - Dekalb IL MWRC (Dekalb, IL)
Wages and Benefits:
- Starting pay is $14.25 which includes shift differential
- Excellent comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k company match program up to 5%
- Retention bonus pays $1,000.00 within first year of employment
- Monthly bonus based on individual performance, with the highest performers making > $700.00/month
- Monthly quality incentive prize of $400 and free vacation hours
- Monthly good catch $50 and $25 prizes
- Quarterly Attendance rewards $100 perfect attendance and $50 good attendance
What to Expect:
- 90 day training program
- Full forklift training program - no experience necessary
- Dedicated trainers on all shifts focus on your development
- Our program provides the tools and attention needed for you to succeed
- Safety Committee - help contribute to a safer workplace for everyone
- Associate Relations Committee - spend annual budget to make the site better
- Positive working environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation
- Career Advancement - our site places high importance on personal development and career advancement from within
Responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product. Responsible for checking all inbound and outbound products. Ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements.
- Physically load product onto equipment, pallets or totes more than 20% of specified shift.
- Put-away and pick product for shipment or stock. Insure the exact number and type of products, ordered by the customer, are checked and loaded correctly.
- Compare the quantity, quality, labeling, and address with the customer’s order to ensure outgoing product shipments are complete and correct.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary.
- Verify and report discrepancies such as non-available products and OS&D.
- Maintain the facility and the facility’s equipment in a neat, clean, orderly fashion. Inspect all operated equipment daily.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Assist in physical inventories.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Forklift certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program is required within the first 30 days of employment
- Six months warehouse experience, preferred
- Six months forklift operation experience, prefer
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.