Application Support Specialist
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for a talented Application Support Specialist to join our team.
You will provide application support to ensure the availability of these services to DHL Business Unitswithminimal disruption to business continuity.
Your main role is to provide application support to DHL Business Units and to ensure the availability of these services with minimal disruption to business continuity. You will also provide basic support and analysis of incidents such as incident management, analysis of ticket trends and some real time monitoring through existing tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Works as 2nd level support for internal set of applications/services
• Responsible for whole Application/Service lifecycle from initial testing (TAT) and release to production
• Releases new/enhanced applications/services to production
• Supports Incident, Problem and Change Management process
• Monitors supported service to be ahead of potential issues
• Keep all required technical documentation up-to date
• Plans, executes and supports IT Solution’s implementations with no disruption to the production environment
• Investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions
• Liaises with system developers to overcome known problems and improve the service quality
• Provides key technical consultations with major migration and transition projects
• Supports on-going projects and carries out specific assignments connected with the supported service and business continuity
• Monitors and oversees the overall performance of the service
• Housekeeping on managed services
• Capacity management – assure sufficient capacity on services
• Participation on meetings from IT and customer side - senior people from IT and business areas
• On-call overtime is mandatory part of job (average rotation 1 weekend in a month)
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• Previous experience in area of Solution Support, L2 application support area
• Familiar with Oracle SQL
• Experience in Linux/Unix Command
• Knowledge/experience in Shell scripting
• Analytical skills and ability to get quickly from incident/problem to solution
• Customer focus approach
• Team player attitude
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
Smart Casual Everyday
Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.