Application Support Specialist
We are seeking for an Application Support Specialist to join our team.
You will provide consultation, guidance and technical expertise with respect to leading-edge technologies. You will drive solutions of complex migrations & integration opportunities and transition programs. In addition, you will be expected to work closely with line managers to organise team activities and develop the team resources.
As a Service Owner and Recovery Manager, you will need to ensure all agreed targets and Service Level Agreements are met and emergency incidents are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide consultation to ITS, business and third parties on major and highly complex opportunities
Identify opportunities to apply technical specialism more effectively within employing and closely associated organisations
Be up-to-date of current developments and carry out specific assignments related to business specialisms
Monitor and oversee the overall performance of services which fall within your responsibility
Drive major change initiatives or business opportunities related to your technical specialism
Assist with quality assurance of activities and educate less experienced colleagues in related areas.
Monitor performance of the services you are responsible for and report results as required and agreed.
- Liaise with staff for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
Provide key technical consultation with major migration and transition programs
- Play lead role in complex and sizeable programs and opportunities
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 3-5 years of experience in Operating Systems, Application Systems, Information Retrieval Tools, Programming Languages, Operating Infrastructure, Networking and Communications
- Proficient in Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Business Analysis Techniques, Software Testing
- Analytical thinking and attentive to details
- Good writing skill
- Customer Focus
- Information acquisition
- Ability to interact with people
- Need to work rotate shift, working on public holiday and on-call support on weekend.
- Technical knowledge in UNIX scripting, UNIX command and AWK programming.
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- Experience in openshift, cloud technology, splunk
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
Smart Casual Everyday
Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Home Office Possibilities
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn