Application Support Specialist (Java/Spring)
To provide technical consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues of infrastructure, design, methods, tools etc to ensure that a robust, maintainable, high quality, standards-compliant business applications software environment is developed and maintained with any weak links removed.
To deliver Application support and deployment services for part of a given business area to DHL countries/ functions, in order to ensure the maximum availability of these services to the business and the smooth deployment of new or improved services with minimal disruption to business continuity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues within a wide area of technical expertise, focused on Java based services
- Position may be mentally demanding, required focus on several important projects and activities at the same time
- Receive and log requests for support from help desk, other service delivery staff and/or users. Prioritizes requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization in accordance with SLAs
- Plan, execute and support implementations so the applications are deployed with minimal disruption to the production environment and meet established standards.
- May act as ‘Service owner’ for an application or set of applications/services (as delegated by the Department Manager) within Systems Integration Support Center domain, monitoring and reporting on service levels attained for these applications/services, and ensuring their continuity of service at all times
- May act a single point of contact to provide deployment services within area of competence
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions
- Liaise with staff responsible for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems
- Acts as a back line technical escalation point to users of business applications, using standard ITS processes and procedures.
- Provides senior technical consultancy in area of expertise.
- Has the tenacity to overcome resistance and/or apathy and drive through needed changes in technology and/or processes that will benefit the department, ITS and the business
- Finds new ways to get best use out of existing DHL technologies and exploit emerging technologies
- Identifying problems early, taking pro-active action to stop them occurring and/or having a major disruptive impact.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE
- Java and Spring framework
- Unix / Linux
- Webservers, e,g Weblogic, Tomcat
- Large project experience
- Knowledge of SOA / Service Bus methodologies
- Shell scripting
- Oracle SQL knowledge
- Awareness of Veritas VCS
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3–5 years working experience in performing L2 application supportof large enterprise application
- Must be able to provide 24x7on-callsupport on arotationalbasis during theweekendand also prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be able to work on Permanent Night Shift
- Creativeproblem-solvingskills and ability to work conceptually
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- Experience with UCD (Urban Code Deployer)
- Experience with Spring Boot Admin, Dynatrace, Splunk, HP OVO, AMF, Uptrends
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of thelogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.