Senior HR Business Partner
Job Title:Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Job Location: Chicago, IL
At DHL Global Forwarding, PEOPLE matter.The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is instrumental in ensuring that we are developing and delivering programs that enhance the employee experience.Are you a dynamic leader that can provide advice and support to managers and employees? Have you been told that your consultative skills with your client groups provide them with the strategic direction they need to make a difference in the business?If so, then you might be ready for our Senior Human Resources Business Partner role based in our Chicago, IL (ORD) facility.
- Drives implementation of HR functions including employment, employee relations, labor relations, compensation, benefits, performance management and workforce planning within our Central Region with the main focus dedicated to our Chicago (ORD) location.
- Works with our Regional HR Director to develop new solutions that support the strategy of our business and region
- Acts as an advisor for multiple levels of leadership on strategic and tactical human resources issues
- Ensures consistent application of approved company-wide and specific employee relations policies and practices.
- Works with managers and employees to investigate and resolve employee and labor relations issues as they arise
- Manages staffing for executive, exempt, and nonexempt roles including support and counsel to managers in sourcing, interviewing candidates, offers and onboarding of candidates
- Conducts onsite New Hire Orientation
- Co-Leads succession planning panels to identify risks and development areas for our Central Region area
- Promotes continuous development of leadership through identification and delivery of training within our Central Region
- Monitors and encourages programs that support active leadership and employee engagement
- Travel within Central Region territory ~ 25%
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business Admin, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional human resources generalist experience
- Strong investigatory skills
- Excellent knowledge of employment, employee relations, compensation / salary administration, and the laws that govern these areas
- Excellent consultative, influencing, conflict management, analytical, organizational, and diplomacy skills
- Proficient in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- SPHR or PHR certification desirable
- Master’s degree in HR or related field is a plus
- Experience working in a Union environment is a plus
- Knowledge of transportation, logistics and/or manufacturing is a plus
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees.At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.