Mechanic I - 4385 - Baytown TX SWRC (Baytown, TX)
rotating shift 6am-6pm, 6pm-6am
The maintenance mechanic is responsible for troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment in accordance with electrical diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications. Responsible for performing root-cause analysis for all mechanical and electrical equipment. Must have advanced skills in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment such as: motors, pneumatic, conveyor, blending, scaling, filling, cartooning, coding/printing, electrical, compressed air, vacuum hydraulic and bulk-filling systems.
- Train junior mechanics on equipment, procedures and troubleshooting practices.
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems related to production and plant support equipment ranging from single phase to three phase equipment along with voltages ranging from 5VDC – 480 VAC.
- Root cause analysis on equipment of systems failure.
- Interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control and safety circuits.
- Troubleshoot electronic boards, PLC;s, touch screens, displays, contactors, motors.
- Ability to use and read a volt meter, amp meter, ohm meter, and other electrical testing equipment needed for the facility.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues related to power transmissions, chain and belt drives, cams, bearings, and actuators.
- Troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic controls and components.
- Ability to perform basic HVAC troubleshooting.
- Teardown and rebuild gearboxes, clutches, actuators, and other assembles related to equipment repairs.
- Proficient in using all hand tools, power tools, shop equipment such as: drill press, surface grinders, torch, plasma cutter, pipe threader, breaks, presses, calipers, micrometers, other measuring instruments, and test equipment.
- Fabricate parts, guarding, and parts modifications for equipment repairs and improvements.
- Weld different grades of metal for repairs and fabrication using different plant welding techniques (i.e. MIG, TIG, and Arc).
- Follow all company policies including but not limited to general manufacturing and safety practices.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or 5-7 years of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of experience and education
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Zahlen und Fakten
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn