JOIN A WORLD OF EXCITING CHALLENGES WITH DHL CONSULTING
DHL Consulting is the international management and supply chain consultancy of Deutsche Post DHL Group. We empower the top management of Deutsche Post DHL Group and its customers to shape the future of their businesses – worldwide. With an ambitious and highly motivated team in 4 locations globally we develop high-impact solutions for the business and supply chain challenges of today and tomorrow.
As an experienced Data Scientist at DHL Consulting, you will work with our Consultants to solve concrete business problems. Being part of a global team you will work collaboratively to apply mathematical methods such as time series analysis, operations research methods and machine learning to answer a wide range of business problems. Analytics-related problems may relate to the DPDHL Group, its customers or DHL Consulting's own business. Examples of these include, but are not limited to, developing machine learning tools for route optimization and freight rates' prediction, sales analytics, demand forecasting for inventory optimization.
Specifically, you will construct an analytical framework for data analytics projects based on an understanding of concrete business requirements and operational processes. You will conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models, implement prototypes and guide the team conceptually. You will
interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with your business partners. In order to
incorporate data-driven decision-making in operations, you will consolidate the methodological skills and knowledge acquired from completed projects.
You will also use your expertise to support project acquisition by identifying new strategic application areas, use cases or products by applying innovative data analytics methods and technologies.
- Variety of exciting projects in logistics and across all organizational functional areas of the DPDHL Group
- Regular interaction with senior management
- Specific training designed around your unique potential
- Collaboration opportunities with diverse clients and colleagues in our four offices globally
- A highly collaborative team built on mutual respect and support
- University degree ideally in Statistics, alternatively Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- At least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
- Experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical predictive and prescriptive models, also in a practical business context
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Very good programming skills in at least two of the following languages: Python with
e.g. SciKit, R, , MATLAB, SAS, and one object oriented language like Java, C#,C++)
- Experience in at least one visualization tool like Tableau or PowerBI
- Proven experience in working with databases (relational, NoSQL)
- Ability to produce outstanding creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
- Very good written and spoken English
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences
- Energetic and success-oriented problem-solver
- Independent work ethic, with integrity, loyalty and a positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
Additional experience preferred:
- Experience in automated data gathering via e.g. APIs Experience developing interactive web-based
- Certificates in MapR Hadoop distributions
Submit your application in English including your CV, cover letter, academic and high school records and your references (if applicable).
Find out more and at www.dhl-consulting.com
Call us if you have any questions. We’d be happy to hear from you: +49 (0)228 22828
CONNECTING PEOPLE.IMPROVING LIVES
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Consulting GmbH